April 1, 2012

Strider SMF : Distressed Cracked Ice


This "Distressed Cracked Ice" SMF variant is one of a limited edition series. Unfortunatly I have not been able to gather any information on how many are made.




This Cracked Ice finish is one I can not compare with any other I have ever handled before. You can both feel, and see it. Caputuring the 'color' or 'grey' level is realy hard. In real the blade and Ti side capture a lot of light and so it appears very bright.




While taking my pictures at first, I felt I had to choose between either bleached out or 'to' grey. In the end I found my way around and was able with some Photoshoping to gather these pics. Some pics show as if the finish is sharp edged and so uncomfortable. To opposite is true. It is right in between the feel of the Lego and Concealed Carry variants.




Specifications:
• Overall Length: 9"
• Blade Length: 4"
• Cutting Edge: 3.25"
• Closed Length: 5.2"
• Steel Grade: S35VN
• Weight: 6 oz. (170 gr.)