May 1, 2012

Strider SMF : Hand Ground Tanto

I was so lucky to achieve this hand ground tanto with hollow grind. This is not a regular Strider tanto. Mick Strider hand ground a few 'regular' blades especially for SHOT 2011. Some were sold directly at SHOT and some later by official Dealers. How many there are around, I believe no one realy knows.

It realy is a pleasure to make photos of this knife. The vertical grind lines in combination with the hard tanto out lines realy works for me. I had to go out side three days in a row to gather these three sort of matching pics. All different light at different hours of the day.


Specifications:
• Overall Length: 9 in.
• Blade Length: 4 in.
• Cutting Edge Length: 3 1/8 in.
• Weight: 6.4 oz. (181 gr.)
• Blade Material: CPM S30V Stainless
• Handle Material: G-10 Scale / Titanium


In my vision the outdoor pics are more 'crisp', more 'alive'. The good part about these balcony pictures is, they draw the attention more to the knife, and less to the environment.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.